Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

We wish everyone a Happy New Year! We have had a great week with Brian home all week from work! Brian and I each took turns sleeping in (mostly until 8 am, but hey, it is better than 6 am!), we played, we went shopping, we took Jacob and Gwyn to bounce (Gwyn even went down a slide on her own...she was laughing on the way down), we ran errands, we watched some movies, we hung out with friends and watched OSU lose in the Holiday Bowl, and we spent some time with some family. Brian enjoyed being home with us, but I think he might be a little ready to go back to work! Ha! We wore him out.

Jacob got a shaving kit from his friend Maddy for Christmas, so Brian taught Jacob how to shave and use all his new tools, a mirror, a brush, shaving cream, a comb, and a plastic fake razor (I had to make sure I put that in there so everyone knows that they are toys and not real). He now has to shave every night in the bath. Brian keeps trying to tell him you don't want to have to start now, the more you shave the more you have to, but for some reason he thinks it is the funnest thing!

Gwyn is finally able to really wear dresses! She would get so mad when she was crawling and had a dress on when her knee would get caught on the dress and it would stop her in her tracks and then she would scream, so she really hasn't worn many dresses for the past few months. Now that she is walking, she has been able to wear dresses, so here is her in one with a little headband. I have to really distract her so she'll let me put on her headband. If she doesn't know it is there, then she'll wear it, but if she knows it is there, then it is coming right off.

That is all for now, I hope to continue posting once / week this next year...we'll see how I do!

1 comment:

Erika and Nick said...

So cute!! I love the shaving picture. It looks like he is really focussed. Gwyn is growing! She looks so big. I love the dress! Love you all.