Monday, December 13, 2010

Jacob and Gwyn can swing!!

It has been a rather eventful week.  We are into the Christmas season, so we have been very busy.  Jacob had his Christmas program at school where I said he was a wise man, to which he quickly corrected that he was a King.  Here are a couple of pictures:
 Jacob walking down the aisle above, and standing with his class below:
He was so cute all dressed up!  He was carrying a gift for Jesus, and he dropped it while he was up there.  I was glad that my dad got to go too. Jacob was so excited to see us, he did so good! Here is a short video:



I took Gwyn and Annie to church for the Women's Christmas Luncheon, it was pretty good and nice to visit with some of the women at my church.  I forgot Gwyn's lunchbox at church that day and Jacob's jacket at school that same day, sometimes I don't know where my head is at!  I was also able to go shopping with Annie and a couple of friends to get some Christmas shopping in while I could.  Annie was such a good baby, and even let us sit down for some lunch too!  She is saying a few words, mainly dada, mama, dog, ice, but sometimes it is hard to tell. 

The weather has been great and we've been playing outside for quite a while every single day.  This is now our afternoon ritual, to go outside around 3 til around 5.  Here is a picture of Gwyn on her trike:
 Annie ready to play:
Jacob making one of his famous trains.  He can sometimes have every toy we own strung out across the yard and driveway making a masterpiece!
Here is a video of them on their scooters:



Rick was in and out for a night for work, and my dad has come to stay til Christmas.  So, Dad is trying to teach the kids things while he is here.  So far, he's taught Jacob how to chew gum (yes, it is sad to say the kid didn't even know what gum was), and now both kids are swinging!  Hooray for not having to constantly push at the park anymore!  Gwyn has gotten really good and can do it for an hour at a time, Jacob gets frustrated but is getting the hang of it.  Here is a video of them swinging:



Oh the sickness is upon us!  Annie came down with it on Thursday, Brian got it Friday, and I got it Saturday.  We are still feeling miserable here, I did take Annie to the doctor this morning and they checked her ears and said it was just a really bad head cold, but she is taking it very hard.  She is basically walking around crying all day, she does nap pretty well, and on top of that, she broke through two more teeth, poor baby!  She has started to feel better today, so we'll keep praying everyone gets better around here and that it isn't passed along to Jacob, Gwyn, or my dad.  Brian did get out to take Jacob and Gwyn to Smashburger, what Gwyn calls the "hot dog store."  They each got smashburger stickers on their jackets, and Gwyn wore hers to school the next day.  Apparently, a little boy tried to take Gwyn's coveted smashburger sticker on the playground.  I can just imagine the tsunami of emotion that poured out of Gwyn, and she said her teacher told the little boy not to take her sticker.  She was still upset about it when we picked her up!  Here is a picture of poor little sick Annie:
Sorry so short this week, but everyone here has been miserable, the weather did change and it got down to the 40s (I know, not that low, but it is killing us here!). 

Funny things the kids said this week:

Gwyn (as she is sobbing):  Mrs Zarse thinks I'm Annie! (since she had to use Annie's lunch box one day since I left hers at church)
Jacob to almost anyone:  You are on the naughty list.
Jacob:  Where is Santa going to land on our roof?  Where is our chimney?  Where will the reindeer be?
Gwyn (right after she got a candy pack from church):  I'm going to share this with Jacob. (she's so sweet!)
Jacob:  What are those on your shirt?
Me:  I think they are supposed to look like flowers.
Jacob:  They look dead.
I overhead Jacob and Gwyn talking about what they wanted for Christmas, and I heard Gwyn say this:
Gwyn:  I want a real baby, but one that doesn't bite like Annie.

No comments: