Friday, December 31, 2010

A recap of a very Merry Christmas!

It has been a little hard to keep up with the blog the past few weeks, we've had family in for over 3 weeks and my computer had a heart attack and I got a new one...it is an iMac so I am trying to figure out how to operate it and get in my posts to complete this year.  I'm doing two tonight, just so that I can reach my goal of 1 per week, so I'll have 52 this year...yes, I'm doing this at 11 pm, but I still have an hour!

My dad came in early and stayed about 2 1/2 weeks.  It was great having him here, although I don't think he got too much sleep and he went back with a very bad cold from the kids, so I don't know when we will be able to talk him in to coming back down.  The kids got used to having him here and would go wake him up in the morning.  They loved to play outside, and yes, he did catch them some slugs if you saw that from a post earlier this month.  Dad also got to see Jason quite a few times and stayed 2 nights over at his apartment.  My mom and Aunt Susie came down the Tuesday night before Christmas, so they were here about 5 days, and then my mom, dad, and Susie all drove back to Oklahoma the day after Christmas.  Rick, Sue, Stacy and Justin came down the same day and stayed through the 29th, and the kids had a great time with them too.  We had Brian's Aunt and Uncle in from the Woodlands, the kids got to go see Tangled (to which Jacob has talked for days about a sword fight scene being the best part, and of course Gwyn agrees it was her favorite part even though she slept through it), everyone went out to Maggiano's for dinner one night, and of course, we had round 2 of the Christmas present extravaganza!  Gwyn has a little crush on Justin and it was funny seeing her make all googly eyes at him!

I'm embarrassed at how few pictures I took while everyone was here.  It has been a crazy few weeks with just about every one here getting sick, so I'll use that as my excuse.  The kids had a great Christmas, I regret not having the video camera ready to record everything as they came down the stairs on Christmas morning.  Jacob was the first one down and he peeked his head from around the stairs and started yelling, "he came, he came!"  Santa brought Jacob a razor scooter and light up sketchers.  Gwyn got a big chair like Jacob's and light up twinkle toes, and Annie got a few baby toys.  When they saw the shoes they started screaming, "they light up, they light up, these are awesome, they are so cool!"  It was great.  They were also SO excited over their stockings and were practically screaming over a batman toothbrush or princess stickers.  The unwrapping festivities seemed to go on for hours, the kids wanted to play with whatever they opened right then and would forget about the rest of the presents.  Annie just wanted to walk all over and sit on everyones presents.

We have been having so much fun around here.  With the kids being out of preschool, we have been filling our days with lots of fun things.  Here are the pictures I got from the past few weeks, Santa's milk and cookies:
Jacob on his new razor scooter.  He is surprisingly REALLY good at this thing.  He said, "I didn't even tell Santa I wanted this."  I told him that Santa must have known how much he would love it.
Gwyn on her princess scooter that Jason got her.  She was really excited about it, especially since it has a princess pouch on the front that she can fill up with some toys.
 Jacob and Gwyn ask to do a craft multiple times per day.  Here are a few of the things they did:
Playing with the lego city that Rick and Sue got Jacob.  This is a pretty cool set, but it has some tiny pieces and since Annie is still in her eat-everything phase, we have to be very careful with it.
 My dad with Gwyn.
 Annie has discovered Brian's old rocking chair that she loves.  It is now "Annie's chair" and she thinks she is super cool since she can get in it and rock by herself.
 Jacob and his decorated Christmas cookies:
 Gwyn and her decorated Christmas cookies:
 Susie and her decorated Christmas cookies:
 Annie loves her some Oreo cookies!
 The kids outside playing on the play set.  Annie was so excited to be up on top with Jacob and Gwyn without Mommy or Daddy.  The weather was so nice most of December, only a few days got down into the 40s and we had weeks of weather in the 70s and 80s.
 This was just such a cute picture.  Gwyn loves her little sissy.
 You can really see Gwyn's cute haircut in this picture.  She really wakes up with it looking like this, I've loved her haircut!
The kids setting out the reindeer food.  On Christmas morning Brian lifted Gwyn up to look out the window and you should have seen her little eyes when she gasped at the site of the mess the reindeer had made on the back porch.

No comments: