Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Break, Strawberries and Rockets!

We have had a great Spring Break.  We didn't go anywhere but managed to do at least something fun every single day.  I was exhausted by Friday night, I think I went to bed at 9:30 and slept til 9...thank you Brian!  We went to the movies, everyone had swim lessons, went to the park about every day to meet friends, went on a nature walk, ate donuts for breakfast, made cupcakes, played outside, went to a bounce house birthday party, went on a bike ride, and of course...picked STRAWBERRIES!  The weather was absolutely fantastic this week, which made our time outdoors so much fun.
See below on Jacob's Houston Rockets outfit...this was day 3 in a row of wearing the same jersey and hat:
My little strawberry pickers:
Jacob and Gwyn scoping out the best berries:
Sweet little Annie who refuses to let me fix her hair:
Annie examining one:
Gwyn's perfect berry:
The loot:
A day at the park, where I whipped up on a 6 year old, a 5 year old and two four year olds at teatherball...it was so much fun, I felt a little bad about beating them all, but not bad enough not to, ha!  All those years of recess at Garfield prepared me well...Jacob was impressed, ha!


A couple of videos from the monkey rings:





A nature walk...we may have some city kids as Jacob was trying to convince me that a tiny baby pine cone was a baby porcupine, ha!
Sweet little Annie, still an expert at getting all the icing off without touching the cupcake:
Sweet little Gwyn:
Annie picked her own cover up out for after swim lessons, a tutu:
Uncle of the Year Jason had 3rd row seats to the Rockets game this week.  He took Jacob and two of his friends...they had a blast and Uncle Jason will be getting invites to all the 6-7 year old birthday parties this year.  Coolest night ever.  Epicke (as Jacob would write..epic)
Oh yes, they made the JUMBO TRON!  Jacob was so excited, he put his food on his seat, it went flying when he let it go but he didn't care.  He said he had a quick decision to make whether he was going to do his weird dance or turn around and shake his rear at the camera.  This was the only picture Jason got of them all looking at the jumbo tron...the rest had Jacob turned around shaking his rear...nice!
Fear the Beard!  James Harden now plays for Houston and he and Jeremy Lin are Jacob's favorites:
Too cool for school:
"What up bro?"  (Yes, the boys say this now, it is obnoxious!)
We celebrated my 34th birthday with a nice dinner out, the kids wanted to know where we were having my birthday party...at Monkey Joes?  Such a disappointment of just having dinner out, ha!  LOVE these homemade cards from the kids:



Funny things the kids said this week:
Gwyn:  Annie punched me.
Annie:  Not in the face. (Oh, that makes it okay!)
Me to Gwyn:  What were you doing to Jacob?
Gwyn:  Annoying him.  (okay, continue as you were, ha!)
Me to Gwyn:  Do I look older (on my birthday)?
Gwyn:  Yes, but not as old as Nana, she is 47.
Me to Jacob:  Do I look older (on my birthday)?
Jacob:  Just your hair does.
Jacob:  When we get home from church is it time to text?  I need wifi.

No comments: