Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It has been a couple of weeks since my last blog, but we have been busy! I had my kidney stone burst into pieces and I'm totally back to normal. My mom came down to help us out and then she drove to Oklahoma with me and the kids the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Brian flew up on Tuesday night and we all drove back home together on Sunday. It was a great trip, we had so much fun, but it is so nice to be back home. Today was spent doing laundry, unpacking, cleaning out the fridge, etc. I had gotten sick on Friday before we came home, but I'm feeling much better and it was nice having Brian home today. Here is a picture I took of the kids at my parent's house. Gwyn doesn't like hats, but if you distract her while you put it on, she forgets about it. Jacob is pretty proud of his hat, and when he sees anyone else with one, then he HAS to have his on too.

She's going to be a Daddy's girl...
The four of us...
Uncle Jason likes hanging out with Gwynnie and Jacob, we were trying to get Jacob to say Jason's name, but it came out more like Juicen...he's learning!

We had such a wonderful time seeing family and friends. I SO MISS TULSA!!!! I even got Brian to admit that he missed it too! We were able to see Erika and little Rafael (who still loves to chase after Jacob), we were able to see Amy, Noah and Eva (those kids are too cute!), and we were able to spend some time with Neely, Ava and Catherine (those are some girly girls who we miss dearly!!!). We had two thanksgivings, one with my family, and the other with Brian's family. We went to the church I grew up in, and we got to hear Jason preach and lead praise and worship.

Jacob and Gwyn had a great time at Rick and Sue's house. They have lots of toys and Jacob enjoyed riding his "little quad." Jacob was into his "choo choos" and if you wanted to play with him, he would give you the couple of pieces he didn't like so well. Gwyn had a great time too, she's standing up so well now, and was facinated with the dog. Here is Sue with Gwynnie...
Here is Jacob on the "little quad"
Here is Rick and Gwynnie...

Jacob and my Dad eat m&m's together, whenever Jacob sees them in the store he points and says "papa." Gwyn and my mom liked to hang out in the middle of the night...I was sleeping!
Thanksgiving picture...

My mom with Gwyn...


My mom and I went shopping on Friday morning. I know it sounds crazy, but it is quite the experience to get up so early and see all the crazy people, me included, going shopping at 5 am! Anyways, I'm feeling better, and the kids are somewhat back to normal. Hopefully, it will only take a couple of nights to get them back to their routines. It seems like I get so used to not getting any sleep, and then once I start getting sleep again I realize how much I really need it, so it is so much harder going without it again.
I can't believe it is already December. This year has flown by, Jacob has gone from a baby to a little boy, and Gwyn has grown up so much!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Love the pageboy hats Phoebe!!! And I love the pic of your dad and Jacob....too funny!!