Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Santa Claus is coming...

We decided to start the Elf on the Shelf this year (thank you Rick and Sue for the book and elf!), Jacob doesn't quite get the concept of the elf flying back to Santa each night to report on whether Jacob is good or bad, but he does get the point that every morning he gets to search around the house to find where his elf is sitting. If you know Brian, then you know we have had some very interesting locations of where the elf has decided to land and spend the day spying on Jacob for Santa. We're hoping next year we can break the elf out in October and get a full three months of Jacob on his best behavior!

I can't believe how time flies around the holidays. I thought I had all my shopping done on Saturday, but I ended up doing a little bit almost every day this week. I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy like every American should (at least that is my excuse to Brian)!! This past week Jacob made two ornaments at his preschool and was so proud to hang them on his Christmas Tree.

Gwyn has four teeth now, I still haven't gotten a very good up-close picture of her showing off her teeth, but they are there and they are so cute when she smiles. She's getting closer and closer to walking everyday.

It got a little chilly here in Houston on Wednesday and it even snowed!! Of course it wasn't enough snow to even stick to the ground at our house, but we did see some snow flurries falling from the sky and it was pretty cool. It was 75 degrees one day and 36 degrees the next, I've been living in Houston long enough that I just can't stand the cold anymore!

Here is a video that I meant to post awhile ago, but I forgot. It is of Jacob pulling Gwyn in a wagon at Emily's house on our way up to Oklahoma. He stops and gives her a kiss and makes sure her and her doll are covered up.

4 comments:

Learning 4 Life said...

That video is absolutely precious! He's such a great big brother :)

Erika said...

I think I have viewed the video five times now....I can't get enough of Jacob's sensitive side!! How sweet....miss the Grape jelly combo!!!

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet video. What a loving big brother! Precious.

Funny on the elf... does yours fly back EVERY night? Ours has been and let me just say that we have been forgetting to move him the past few days. Also - we are running out of new spots to put him. AND Josh seems to think that if he's not in the same room with the elf, the elf doesn't know he's acting bad. In fact, Josh told us so last night.

Anonymous said...

The elf idea is such a good one! Where did you get it? I'd love to get one for Jackson next year.