Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We lived at the dr this week, but hey, we got to see Santa!

This has been an eventful week, we have practically lived at the Dr this week. Not only did Jacob get an ear infection (of course on a Friday night, so we had to go to the urgent care center which our family alone is keeping in business), he then had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic (which he had taken twice before). I was thinking he had measles or chicken pox or something, but never crossed my mind that he was allergic to the medicine I kept shoving down his throat because I'm a huge supporter of take-every-dose-of-antibiotic just like the dr. says. Anyways, after another trip to the urgent care center, he's off that antibiotic and is doing fine since he took some steroid to combat the reaction and is now saying his name is Bobby...not sure if that came from me calling him Bubba sometimes, or maybe it is a side affect of the allergy to his medicine?? Just kidding, but no kidding, thoughts like that do constantly run through my mind if he ever does something weird I think I'm totally messing him up or something. Oh, and I also went again to the urgent care center to get another round of antibiotics to get rid of this awful sinus infection that is probably causing brain damage. I'm SO ready to be well again!!!! And if that is not enough, I thought I might go ahead and take both kids in to see the pediatrician before we go skiing and it turns out that Jacob has my sinus infection (another round of non-penacillan antibiotics here we go) AND not only does Gwyn also have an ear infection, she has to get some breathing treatments for this weezing she's doing. I was in the dr. with both kids for 2 hours (Jacob who is running around crazy and who my dr says that steroid the urgent care prescribed causes hyperness and anger in small children - which explains some of his actions this past week later in this blog) I had to do a breathing treatment on Gwyn for 15 minutes holding this mask on her fact with one hand, holding her body still with that same arm, wedging her other arm underneath my other arm while it is restraining her other arm and head. She is literally thrashing about and screaming the entire time. It was awful. But, she's got some medicine and doing fine, the Dr. thought it might be RSV, but since she responded so well to the breathing treatment she gave me one of those asthma cannisters to give her. To sum it up, I'm SO sick of drs!

We are preparing for our ski trip to Colorado. So many things to do because when we get back it will be Christmas! Just add that to my list, to be prepared for Christmas and cooking Christmas dinner a week early.

Gwyn has really started walking, and will walk all the way across the room as long as there isn't any food to stop and eat on the way or her big brother to get in her way. Here is one of the videos, of course she had just walked about 15 steps right before this was shot, so I'll get a better one sometime and post it, I'll just add that to the list. Oh, and notice my tone of dissapointment in Jacob when he steps in front of Gwyn, another bad mother moment for myself:



Jacob had a Christmas party at school on Wednesday, he just LOVES his school and I was excited to get to be in his classroom with him for an hour. He showed me where they sat to read books and ate all the icing off his cupcake while not eating a single ounce of the cupcake itself. It was fun to be there with him and he loved that I was there which felt good.




Brian has entered a top chef competition for work, it isn't really as professional as it sounds, some guy just got a wooden spoon and wrote on it with a sharpie, but it comes with bragging rights, so anyways, here is his creation for his work party tomorrow. For those of you who aren't engineers or for that matter don't know what this is, it is a derrik barge that is used to lay pipe and install platforms offshore in deepwater, or at least it is supposed to be! Ha, he did a great job. Everyone was really impressed.

Now, while I was making 4 batches of homeade icing to go on this cake, Jacob got into a little trouble himself, as you can see. I was dying laughing, Brian was the angry one since he had to clean it up. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Jacob before Brian took his clothes off, but he was covered head to toe, everything except his eyeballs had a nice white dusting on him. Brian was supposed to be watching him, and I told him that if Jacob is ever quiet for more than 2 minutes then he's up to something!

Our weather here has been a constant roller coaster, freezing, then in the 70s, freezing, back in the 70s. Brian took the kids out in the street for races. He pushed Gwyn in her car and Jacob pushed his own "fred flinstone" cozy coupe. Jacob didn't really want his picture taken, but did want me to take a picture of his car.


I guess you could tell from the picture at the top that I took the kids to the mall (same Santa as last year) to get their pics with Santa. I met a group of friends there and we all made our kids sit on Santa's lap to get a picture of them screaming, paid the $40 for the pictures and then packed everyone back up to go back home. I thought about not doing it this year, but then I remembered it would be Gwyn's first Christmas picture with Santa and I HAD to do that if I was a good mom, so I did it. Scratch that one off the list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Hilarious post. I love the coffee table and words fail me on many of the other pics. Especially Brian's cake - Wow. I'm well, I'm beyond amazed. Is he available for parties?

Oh and I hope you guys bought the Emergency Clinic gifts since its like your home away from home. LOL!