Monday, March 16, 2009

Thirty...

I turned 30 last week! We had a babysitter (who we saw at Pei Wei today and Jacob totally freaked out because his friend Meg was there), and went out to dinner last Sunday evening, and on my actual birthday (Tuesday) we ate Carrabba's takeout wood fired pizzas and Brian got me a cake...he did pretty good!

My birthday was fun, I love spending time with my family, and that is what I got to do. I guess I am where I thought I would be at 30, so I didn't really have any breakdown about leaving my twenties behind. I am excited about my 30's, to me the 30's seem to be a sweet time in the life of a mother, so I'm excited about what these next 10 years are going to bring. Thanks to everyone for the sweet birthday wishes!

We had a pretty exciting week. The firetruck came to my Moms Club meeting, and Jacob loved it. He wore his firetruck shirt, and made sure to show the fireman his shirt. He's big into water hoses, so he wasn't shy at all and went up and touched the hose off the firetruck twice. We also went to Chuck E. Cheese, Jacob runs through tokens so quickly that I have to ration his out...I am getting a taste of what I did to my mom and dad!


Jacob had alot of fun with Brian this weekend, they built a fort in his room (they let Gwyn in for a little while since she brought in a pack of m&m's with her), and Brian and Jacob built a little air trike, something they picked up at Hobby Lobby while I was shopping for some scrapbook paper.


Up close picture of the air trike...

The fort:

Jacob being silly:


Gwyn is starting to become so much fun! Her favorite game is to be chased, she wants someone to be chasing her all the time which can be exhausting, but usually Jacob is willing to do it. She likes to be tickled underneath her chin. I found out that she loves Chuck E. Cheese, thank goodness she doesn't know about the whole token thing yet, but she just wants to walk all around, press buttons, and climb up on the games. She is actually alot of work, I even lost her for a few minutes one time, I could see her head one minute, I turned around to get Jacob another token, and then I back around and she was gone...to be found about a minute later at the entire opposite end of the place! She is a little copycat, she tries to copy any sound or word you say and she loves to make fish faces. Good news - her smashed fingernail fell off this last week and her new nail is growing back!! I'm super relieved and excited, I keep thanking God that her finger has been totally healed!

Here is a picture in Gwyn in the dress that Sue made for her. She looks so cute in this dress!

1 comment:

The Sheltons said...

I felt the same way about my 20's Phoebe, Happy Belated Bday.

And the chase thing will last awhile - Carter still loves for us to chase him after his bath (yes,while he's naked).