Sunday, September 13, 2009

Why Daddy??

Jacob is in a very entertaining phase right now. He comes up with all kinds of stuff, asks questions, and just says and does things that only a three year old can do. We went to look at this house over the weekend, and Jacob kept saying "it stinks in here" when Brian and the realtor were looking in the attic, and he said "there is poop in there" talking about the laundry room which had a spot on the floor...needless to say it was a bit embarrassing, but he just says what he thinks!

He's been asking alot of why questions, which creates even more why questions from his little copycat Gwyn. He asked Brian why he drinks coffee, why is it hot, why he put milk in it, why he stirred it with a spoon, why it turned colors, all in the course of about 5 seconds he can ask about 20 questions! Gwyn really does say and do EVERYTHING that Jacob does. He'll say he wants to watch kids shows, and then she starts yelling "kids shows, kids shows, kids shows." She loves Dora the Explorer, and always asks for "Dora!" She is still in a yelling phase, and reading books can be funny at first and then a bit annoying since she yells whatever animal she sees and then makes their noise for you. She keeps getting louder until you acknowledge what she's doing, it is pretty funny.

After Labor Day, Brian told Jacob that he had to go back to work on Tuesday and he couldn't stay home because he had to go make money...Jacob said "I don't like money, I want Daddy to stay home." It was really sweet, to which Brian's response was that Mommy likes money!


Gwyn is a little spitfire, she has so much energy and personality and is just talking non-stop. I tried unsuccessfully to take her pacifier away, which she only uses at naptime and bedtime. My thinking was if there was enough of a break (6 weeks from Tuesday, by the way!) between her having her pacifier and the new baby (which we now call Nuny because that is what Gwyn calls the bunny Ruby on Max and Ruby - a kids show that Jacob likes), having her pacifier, then she would realize that pacifiers are for babies and not need it anymore. Anyway, I laid her down in her crib and she asked for her paci, I said you are big girl and you don't need that and I turned around and walked out of the room. She went nuts! I was standing outside and heard her not just crying, but screaming at me. Then she quit, and I thought, what an awesome mom I am...then she came walking out of her room with tears in her eyes, her lip stuck out and was asking for Daddy....she had climbed out of her crib! I asked her if she was mad at Mommy and she said yes. I tried to put her back in her crib and she just flung her leg over, held on to balance herself and then flung the other one over and lowered herself down. I then had to get Brian to lower the crib to its last notch, which she can't get out of right now, and we gave her the pacifier. I guess she'll give it up when she is ready, and from now on, I'm not messing with a good thing. She will just tell you when she wants to go nite nite for naptime or bedtime, you walk in, give her the pacifier and lay her down and walk out and you never hear a peep out of her until morning. I'm going to count my blessings that she goes to sleep and sleeps so well, and let her have her pacifier until she's ready to give it up.


Our week was pretty busy, I had my Bible Study kick off on Tuesday, Jacob was in school Wednesday and Friday, and Jacob had a drs appointment on Thursday, and I had my OB appointment on Friday. This coming week is even busier, so we are REALLY looking forward to Rick and Sue visiting Friday-Sunday, and then Brian and Rick are going to the Cardinals vs Astros game on Monday evening (the tickets were birthday presents from Sue to both Brian and Rick), and Brian has been looking forward to it.


No pictures this week, my small camera is messing up (it has lasted just over 3 years and has pretty much been usued constantly and carried around in my purse getting banged up), so I've just posted a few videos this week. Enjoy!
























No comments: