Sunday, October 18, 2009

9 more days and counting!

No pictures this week, my little camera broke, and the one I ordered should be here on Tuesday, so let's hope she doesn't decide to come before then! We've had a good week.

Jacob is still full of funny things to say, he told me he really, really, really needed some bliss, he said it was a type of chocolate, so I rewinded the TV and sure enough there was a commercial for some new Hershey's bliss chocolate...he's never paid attention before, or at least I thought, to commercials, but I can already see what's coming when they start advertising for toys!

I had my drs appointment, everything is looking good, just counting down the days until the 27th. I took Jacob in for another speech evaluation and they said he was doing well, no need for any more speech therapy, which is a good thing since insurance quit paying for it.

Rick had some work here in Houston, so was able to stay with us for a night...of course I think he had to read about 20 books!

Jacob is starting to repeat in context everything that is said, he started calling me Phoebe and Brian, Brian, and we were driving the other day and I said "come on lady" to this lady that pulled out in front of me, and he yelled it in the same tone, it sounded bad coming out of his mouth, so I know it probably sounded bad coming out of my mouth, so I've got to watch what I say.

He has been helping Brian work on Gwyn's furniture, and he can be so sweet with Gwyn and teaches her all kinds of things...although while we were out there she picked up this piece of wood and made this shooting sound with her mouth and then said "shoot bad guys" so I know he's also teaching her some not so nice things. He did tell her how much fun school would be and that there is a playground and lots of toys and lots of friends. He also told me this week he wanted more hair on his legs and his cheeks like his Daddy. Oh, and we have this lizard that for some reason is on the window outside the bathtub every night during bath time. Jacob looked at me real serious and said that he LOVES lizards and wants that lizard to come inside. I told him I didn't love them so much and he just didn't understand why.

We went to MOPS this week too, they had a recipe swap so maybe once I feel like cooking I'll get to try some new things. I had a good day on Friday, Gwyn and I went to Chappel Hill with Jason for some lunch and to drive around, and then I got a pedicure, dinner, and a visit to a craft fair that evening...my last night out!

Brian is taking him to see Where the Wild Things Are this evening, and Gwyn and I get to go to the grocery store...she thinks it is just torture not getting to go with Bubba. She also climbed out of her crib again (which is now set on the lowest setting), so we'll probably have to sit her crib mattress on the floor inside her crib since we don't have her room ready yet. She's getting so big, talking so much, she's got a little attitude, she knows what she wants, and she just loves Jacob!

1 comment:

The Sheltons said...

I'm just now reading this post, but I'm laughing at the "9 days" title seeing as you delivered this week :)