Saturday, October 24, 2009

Baby Annie is here!


Annie Jaye is here! She was born Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 at 12:36 pm, weighing 7 lbs 4.5 oz and measuring 18 1/2 inches long. I had my drs appointment on Monday, and my amniotic fluid was REALLY low, so they said you are going to have this baby now. Luckily, everything worked out for me to be scheduled Tuesday morning, so my mom, Rick and Sue could fly down Monday night and be here for the birth. Everything went fairly smoothly, and she came out PERFECT!

The kids were not able to visit in the hospital due to swine flu precautions, so I wasn't able to see them until Thursday afternoon and they weren't able to really see Annie until Thursday afternoon, although they did get a peek through the nursery window at her when they brought her out on Tuesday. Jacob says he REALLY, REALLY loves her and is actually really gentle with her. Gwyn however wants to eat her alive, touch her, hold her, squeeze her, and poke everything she's got. So far, everything is going really well here at the house, although little Miss Annie has her days and nights mixed up, so both me and my mom don't end up starting to get any sleep until early in the morning, but after 4 nights, she finally went to bed about 1:30 am last night, which is progress over 4 am. She seems to come alive about 9 pm, so she is our little night owl!

She is eating really well, and already had her first check up on Friday morning, she weighed 6 lbs 8 oz, so I'm hoping she starts to put on some weight so that she's back up to birth weight at her 2 week appointment.

My mom is taking care of us for now, letting me sleep, giving Brian a break, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. She leaves a week from Sunday, when our reinforcements (Rick and Sue) come in for 10 days, so we are being blessed by then and taking full advantage of the help!

Jason is trying to improve my technology of the blog, so he's showed me how to embed videos from youtube, so I can upload longer than 30 second clips. This video is of Annie's birthday cake with the kids:



This video is of the kids holding Annie for the first time at home. They all have matching shirts, Jacob's says Big Brother, Gwyn's says Big Sister, and Annie's says Baby Sister. We had to bride Jacob to wear his, and of course we didn't get one picture where you could read them all:



This video is of Annie coming home from the hospital...really the first time the kids have gotten to touch her, so they can't really contain themselves:




This one is of us leaving the hospital, and really the first time the kids have seen Annie:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brian, Phoebe, Jacob and Gwyn on the arrival of baby Annie. Love her name and she is a doll!
Brenda Elmore

McGillen Family said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family! I love all of the videos and pictures. I'm so happy for you all.