Sunday, November 22, 2009

Never a dull moment

Annie is 4 weeks old now, she weighed 9 lbs 2 oz and was 21 in long at her 4 week check up, 50th percentile in both height and weight. She is growing fast and is starting to get a round little belly.

With a 3 year old potty trained little boy, poop somehow gets brought up in day to day conversation....multiple times / day. This week we've had our fair share of poop incidents including Annie pooping in the bathtub with the other kids in there with her causing a fiasco of having to get Jacob and Gwyn in the shower, draining the tub, and recleaning Annie. Gwyn and Jacob also found some dog poop out in the front yard. Now, Jacob was smart enough to know he didn't want to touch it, but he was mischevious enough to show it to Gwyn, who of course got it all over herself, and I mean ALL over herself...I think that would have been her third set of clothes for the day. Anyway, while I (the lucky one) was cleaning her all up it was so funny, she had this little frown on her face saying "OH NO" (just like she does when an episode of Dora has ended, as in the world is ending for her), and then she would say "dog poop" in this chipper little voice it had me rolling on the floor laughing. Also, Jacob was using the potty and Gwyn decided to go sit at the doorway and wait until he was finished because she wanted him to play with her, and I hear Jacob tell her to go away, that bathroom time is alone time. I thought that was hilarious because he doens't practice what he preaches! HA! Jacob also told me the other day that some people don't poop and they wear diapers...who knows where he gets this stuff!
It was Jacob's Thanksgiving lunch at school this week, Brian was able to go to his party with him, and he had alot of fun. He loves it when Brian is able to go to the school with him for things. His school brought a real turkey in this week, Jacob and Gwyn thought it was great. They also had a canned food drive, and Jacob was asking why we were taking cans of food up to school. So, I told him how some people didn't have food to eat, so we were giving them some of our food, so that they could have some food. I was trying to explain it really well about giving to others in need and such...well, when I dropped him off he walked right up to his teacher and said, "Here, this is for people who don't have dinner." I was a little embarrassed because here we had had this meaningful conversation and he goes and says that to the teacher. He also asked me if I knew the story of the chicken who ran away from the cook on Thanksgiving. I said, do you mean the turkey? He said yes, the turkey hid from the cook on thanksgiving, but they found him and put him in the oven. I think he is going to like Thanksgiving this year. Here are some pics of the kids this week:

Brian did finish this BEAUTIFUL piece of furniture for Gwyn's room, since she is moving into the old office, it doesn't have a closet...he did a REALLY good job!

Thanks to Jason, here are a few more videos...these were taken last week, I've got to buy a software to convert all the videos from my camera to upload to Youtube, so thankfully Jason did it for me again. The one of them trying to pull down the tree was hilarious!








No comments: