Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving and Christmas Decorating


We have had a busy last couple of weeks. I have been pretty proud of myself for surviving with three kids on my own. I managed to take the kids to a Thanksgiving playdate at a friends house, and take them to the park...thank goodness I have some friends to help me not lose track of Jacob and Gwyn while I have to feed Annie!
We had a great Thanksgiving, we had Rick, Sue, Stacy, Justin, my mom, my dad, Jason all here for Thanksgiving. The kids loved the extra attention and it was nice for everyone to get to meet Annie...she is changing so fast!
Gwyn and Jacob each have their own Christmas trees, all with unbreakable ornaments. Our family tree is actually getting kind of bare because we've given them pretty much all of our ornaments that aren't breakable. They love their trees, Jacob wants you to tell him about where each and every ornament came from, and they both want their trees to look good, so every time I turn around they either Jacob is taking ornaments from Gwyn's tree and putting them on his or the other way around.

This is why all the ornaments are unbreakable...

Our Elf on the Shelf showed up again this year. He watches over the kids and flies back to Santa each night to report on their behavior...he comes back the next day in a different spot to continue his work...the kids are enjoying trying to find him each morning, just after they open the advent calendar to get their piece of candy...this is usually done by 7 am, I guess a piece of candy for breakfast until Christmas isn't going to kill them! This year, Jacob named him Kong Kong...he came up with that on his own and was pretty proud of it...it is funny to hear Gwyn say it. This is the first location he showed up:

Brian gets pretty creative on where Kong Kong shows up each morning:

Annie is starting to smile!



Here are a few random pics from the last week:

I call this one "cheeks"
This is how Annie likes to be carried around...

2 comments:

The Sheltons said...

The last pic is hilarious. I saw Brian holding her like that the other day and thought, jeez, is she really comfy like that. But alas, she was. She slept the whole time he walked around the house like that.

BrendaE said...

Cute, cute pics!! Why do babies change and grow so quickly??!! Our Hadley will NOT snuggle at all anymore! Makes me sad. Enjoy every minute of her being little!