Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The one-eyed Pirate


If you haven't heard already, Gwyn literally scratched Jacob's eye out...not really, she accidentally poked him in the eye and her fingernail scratched part of his cornea off.  Amazingly, the eyes heal themselves quickly and within 24 hours his eye had completely healed itself over.  He did have some serious pain and it was very uncomfortable, the dr said it hurts pretty badly and feels like you need to rub it, but then the rubbing it is what makes it hurt the worse, so we had a lovely couple of days dealing with that.  Oh, and while we were there I had them look at Annie, and sure enough, she had the pink eye from Gwyn and also an ear infection.  At the Dr. it was Gwyn who was whining the most and wanted to go home, and the Dr joked that she was the reason that both Jacob and Annie were there, but somehow she didn't even have to be seen by the Dr, it didn't seem fair to Jacob.  He said he thought she needed a shot.  Ha!  Seriously though, I think he tried to look EXTRA pathetic in the picture I took of him.  They didn't have a mirror in the Drs office and he really wanted to see himself as a pirate.

Besides bringing all 3 kids to the Dr on 3 different occasions within the last week, I also managed the grocery store...this is an accomplishment worth mentioning!
It has been rainy and hot here.  We've been going to swim lessons, Jacob is doing great, Gwyn...not so much, but hopefully she'll get better because I've already paid for two weeks worth!  The kids are enjoying being outside, they love to look for lizards.  I told them the other day we needed to go back inside, they were getting too sweaty, to which Jacob replied "but we want our heads more sweaty!"
Unfortunately, Annie is taking this crawling thing pretty seriously, the kids were in the playroom and I was on the computer and I hear something and then my computer freezes...she had crawled underneath the desk and pulled the cables out of the computer...and so the baby proofing begins for the last time!  I've also had to start putting her in leggings even though it is 100 degrees here because she's wearing her little knees red, and today she had crawled to the foot of the stairs, pulled herself up and was just staring upstairs...I think she could hear Jacob and Gwyn up there...perfect, out to get another baby gate, one for the top of the stairs and one for the bottom of the stairs!  Babies R Us is determined to take every dollar we have!  I've tried to discourage this whole crawling thing as much as I can, but it isn't any use...she's on the move!


Funny things the kids said this week:
Jacob runs out to Brian to give him his chapstick in front of a landscaper that came by the house:  "Here is your lipstick Daddy!"
Gwyn to anyone who I tell what happened to Jacob's eye:  "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, I didn't do it!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phoebe, I LOVE your posts about your kids and am happy you keep an update done every week. The things they say make me howl!!! Hadley never learned to crawl because she hates being on her tummy and it hasn't disappointed Megan at all. I don't think she's ready to have to chase after her.
Keep up the posts. They are one of the highlights of my week cause I know I'll get a good laugh!
Brenda Elmore