Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daddy / Daughter Bake-Off

The much anticipated Daddy/Daughter bake-off at church has arrived.  Brian was been looking forward to this since last year, and he came to win!  He was entry 20 in the cake category...I'm guessing there were maybe 30 cake entries...Brian and Gwyn's was a cheeseburger cake, complete with all the dressing, fries, bugs coming up to the cake on a picnic table and flying chocolate bugs...all of it was edible, including the fondant made paper plate!
Here is a video of the cake, yes, their cake required a motor (and also had to be soldered...when we checked out at Lowe's the cashier asked what he was building, and Brian told him it was for a cake...not what the checker expected):


They placed 2nd in the Most Creative category...they got robbed, but we decided not to throw a fit about it since it was at church:)
Everyone was proud of them!
Gwyn liked to eat the brownie (hamburger part) the best, and Annie and Jacob liked the bugs!
Annie doing what she does best, hanging around and jumping!

A typical Friday night at our house...out to an early dinner and then to Lowe's!
Jacob had his first baseball scrimmage, he's so cute out there!
I just love this kid, and he did so good!
His first at bat, he hit a line drive to the third baseman, basically right into his glove, I was a little shocked that he caught it, and Jacob didn't quite get that he was out, he was just super excited he hit the ball.
Here is a video of his second at bat:

I took the kids to a friend's 4 year old camo party...what better to wear to a camo party than a dress with sequins??  Typical pose of her hands on her hips...not sure where she gets that??
Jacob had a great time at the party...they got to search for lost troops behind enemy lines and of course bounce until all their energy was gone:) Annie was there, but she chose not to participate until all the big kids were out of the bounce house and then she got in by herself:)
Annie travels with a stash of stuffed animals and babies, she keeps them at random places around the house and moves them all over.
Cutest Cat in the Hat I've ever seen, Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss, we love your books!!
I was able to have a mini girls weekend with Neely, who flew down to celebrate my birthday early.  We were able to go shopping, get pedicures, go to the Rodeo to see Luke Bryan, and have a nice dinner...I just love her!

The kids have discovered how to take pictures and videos on the ipad and the computer.  Gwyn has taken about 100 of the exact same pose...
I didn't even know how to do this myself, but Jacob discovered how to take videos of himself...

I love that Jacob has his backup dancers!!  This one makes me crack up every time I watch it!


Funny things the kids said this week:

Annie (as she points a magic wand or stick at you):  I gonna turn you into a frog, SSSSSHHHH!
Brian to Gwyn:  I didn't know you were so good at making cakes.
Gwyn:  The only cake I know how to make is a cheeseburger cake.
Me to Gwyn:  Did you have fun at Donuts with Dads at school today?
Gwyn:  Yes, Daddy is really good at eating donuts.

No comments: