Friday, September 21, 2012

Loving Life!



Our lives have been CRAZY since school has started this year...I can't even imagine how our lives will be once both Gwyn and Annie are both doing activities like Jacob!  Right now, Gwyn has ballet after school on Mondays and Jacob has soccer practice on Thursdays and games on Saturday.  He also just joined Cub Scouts as a Tiger Cub...so cute dressed up in his little outfit (he doesn't like me to call it that!).  Pictures of that next week...I've got to get some patches put on, when we checked out I asked how to put the patches on and the guy told me to sew them.  Jacob piped up, "But she can't sew!"  Not to worry, I'm sure some stay at home mom chemical engineer invented this high-wear-durable iron on adhesive, that I gladly purchased for $9.00, ha!

Annie is just getting to be so entertaining!  She is talking non-stop, I think going to pre-school a few days a week has been good for both of us, she really seems to be coming out of her shell.  The other day, she told me she wished I was an old person.  I said, you do??  Who do you know that is old?  She said, Daddy with a huge grin on her face like she just knew she was making a joke!  She still cannot take a regular smile picture if her life depended on it, just love this smiling sweet face!


Jacob had his first soccer game, the orange and blue are also his school colors.  They got "creamed" their first game, but you could tell a big improvement between just the first and second half's of the game.


Gwyn and Annie enjoyed the game, our field was right by the playground:)  Gwyn brings her giraffe, Giraffey, everywhere and even buckles him up in the car:
You know she's a third child when I realize while we are at the game her doll she brought didn't even have any clothes on!

Gwyn had a playdate with a little friend from school...I got a call from her Mom who told me that they were doing a craft and Gwyn just took the scissors and chopped off some of her hair.  I just laughed, knowing that it was bound to happen sometime!  Luckily she didn't do much damage...I asked her why she did it and she just said, "I don't know."


I also got called to go pick Jacob up at school on Wednesday, he had a fever and after a trip at 5 pm to the pediatrician it was confirmed...STREP throat, yuck!  I've been following him around with hand sanitizer, and so far no one else has come down with it and he's been fever free since Wednesday night, hallelujah!

We had Jacob's back to school night this week.  I love being in his classroom and seeing all the things he has done that I didn't know he had done.  I got to sit at his desk and look through his writing folder...he's still big into making books...one about the Cardinals vs Astros:

Race car driving against his friends:
A book about his friends:
They had an "I can" wall, and here is what Jacob said:


All the kids are getting to where we are playing board games...we have much more luck with Annie with Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders, but Jacob and Gwyn REALLY wanted to play Life the other day, so we gave it a shot...Annie didn't quite get it:


Funny things the kids said this week:

Annie:  Gwyn is not being patient.
Annie:  Gwyn did a mean face at me. (she's learning to tattle with the best of them!)
Me to Gwyn:  Come here little Gwynnie bear.
Annie:  No, that's my little Gwynnie bear.
Gwyn:  Annie are me are sleeping just like Daddy does, just with our panties on!
Jacob as we're driving down the road:  Mommy's password is ---------! (and yes, you know you're in for it when your kid is singing a song with your itunes password!!)
Annie runs into Brian:  Daddy, Mommy did something right!!
Gwyn:  Why do builders use a bunch of dirt for a house, it gets all dirty??

No comments: