Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day for My Loves

What a fun week we have had!  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, and yes, we wear shorts, flip flops and sleeveless shirts in Houston in February!  I was able to go to all 3 Valentine's Day parties at school.  Here is Gwyn with her chicken nugget (I call her my chicken nugget:):
 I just love her writing:
 It was "jammie" day at her school since they are covering "J" this week, on the same day as her Valentine's party...so she picked out her skull and cross bone pajamas to wear:
 My mom went to Annie's party first, and I came about 20 minutes late, but this was the face that my Mom got from Annie...apparently she was devastated that Nana showed up and not me, ha!
 Mommy to the rescue, she started to be happier:
 Then they broke out the cupcakes and she could have cared less about me, ha!

 I was doing the craft table at Jacob's party and totally forgot to take any pictures, but I did think his valentine's bag with this mustache was quite cute:
The kids and I made some chocolate covered strawberries...the kids loved them, except maybe Annie who doesn't like her food to mix and ate ever drop of chocolate off and then ate the strawberry...she is definitely Brian's kid:)
 I thought we did pretty good!
 Jacob has a little friend who lives around the corner and his birthday is on Valentine's Day, so several of us went over to his house after school for a play date and we somehow ended up with mardi  gras beads and a black eye:
 The eye, from a metal bat, and self inflicted on accident by Jacob himself:
 Basketball season wrapped up with a big win!  We were all smiles as the kids got donuts and trophies, until about 2 minutes after this picture was taken Jacob was using his trophy to dribble his basketball and somehow dropped it on the tile.  The trophy basically exploded into about 11 pieces and you would have thought Jacob's arm had been cut off.  It was a bit embarrassing, but thankfully Jason helped recover all the pieces and super glue and an awesome Daddy fixed it up as good as new...well, not really new, Jacob will be more than happy to point out every where that you can see it has a crack:)
 These boy birthday parties are fun, this one was a combo party for two of Jacob's friends who have birthdays a few days apart.  30 first grade boys, red team and blue team, camo, masks, forts, sling shots with rubber balls, and a park...what is not to love.  They had so much fun, it was called Yard Battle and it may be in the running for Jacob's party...every party we go to he ends up leaving saying, "that is what I want my party to be!"  Unfortunately, with a birthday in July in Houston, I somehow doubt it would be as fun as 70 weather like it was for this one in February:
 Look at this little sassy thing.  She dressed herself, her shirt HAS to be tucked into her skirt, and she added this headband, complete with tag sticking up in the front (she would not let me fix it):
And a video of my crazy girl with crazy legs:


 I'm loving Gwyn's little homework sheets with her writing the words that she knows, so cute!

Funny things the kids said this week:
Annie:  Don't sing Mommy.  Don't sing that song.
Gwyn:  How old do I have to be to use a sharpie?  (Unfortunately, after Jacob wrote on my cabinets with a black sharpie when he was 3 those have been banned from the kids ever since...poor responsible Gwyn has to suffer the consequences)
Jacob (when I asked him if he wanted to go to the middle school vs faculty basketball game with a friend):  Definitely Mommy, you don't even need to ask me.
Annie:  I heard the TV say a bad word.
Me:  What was it.
Annie (she hesitates and whispers):  poop

No comments: