Monday, February 4, 2013

We love this weather!!

 We love this weather in January / February in Houston!  Outside playtime is so nice and we even got to wear our sweatshirt jackets a few days, whoo hooo!  We are staying busy with gymnastics, basketball, cub scouts, playdates, I'm helping with Jacob's 1st grade play (he's got a rap solo that he's been practicing on, and the girls know all the songs as well!), refinancing the house and regularly getting up and playing legos and building forts before 6 am...the fun just never stops around here!
 Who knows what he was trying to show me here:


 Can you believe how big of a hole that one missing tooth made?!?!  He'll be losing a few more pretty soon, he's ready to eat apples again!


Annie likes to dig holes and then spread the dirt everywhere it not supposed to go.
 Snack time in the cozy coupe, how they fit both of themselves in this, I'll never know!
 How much longer do you think this poor stroller is going to make it??
 After school homework...notice how Jacob uses his arm so no one can see/copy what he is doing, ha!  Sweet Gwyn is Annie's little teacher!
 The flu gave me new inspiration to get healthy and get some fruits and veggies into all of us.
 We bought a juicer and I was making about 3 juices a day, one with green veggies, one with orange/red veggies, and then a fruit one for the kids.  Surprisingly, the kids will try them all, they even like the "Mean Green" one:

 I realized that I'm basically making my own V8 (minus the sodium)...this one had cucumber, celery, kale, carrots, beets, apple and a pear:
 Yummo!
Here are the kids, who absolutely love to make their own concoctions:


Sweetest little girl...she picks out her own outfits if you can't tell:
 We got toiletpapered on Friday night, it is called "wrapped" here.  A group of 1st grade girls from Jacob's class had a sleepover after a birthday party and hit 3-4 boys houses that night.  Can you believe this starts at 1st grade here??  The girls left some cute notes on our porch:
 The kids thought it was just great!
 Jacob is vowing revenge!
 I finally got my white chair recovered, Brian was relieved since he still can't believe I bought a white chair...even though it was such a great deal!
 Cutest little front-tooth-missing-basketball-player that I know!  They won their second game in a row...Jacob started doing this thing with his arm where he points to the goal before he shoots his free throw...he made it three times after doing this, so you can bet he'll be doing it next week.  I'll be sure to get a video of it, it is awesome!
Love to hear Annie reading to herself:

Here is Gwyn's homework that I make up for her since she begs for homework when Jacob does his...can you tell which writing is mine and hers??
 Annie wrote her name for the first time at school, she said "My teacher beeded so prouded of me!"
 LOVE this!!
 Loving the girls artwork:
Funny things the kids said this week:

Annie (pointing to the fridge in the garage):  I think I see a piece of chocolate under there.
Brian:  It's probably a roach, leave it alone.
Jacob (after Gwyn asked me something and I replied "probably so"):  Gwyn, probably so means yes, probably no and maybe both mean no.  (Oh, wise words of older brothers)
Annie (when we were trying to decide a name for our fruit juice we made):  How about rainbow juice? Unicorn juice?  Pony juice?  (I thought she was pretty clever!)
Me:  Everyone eats good on quesadilla night.
Gwyn:  Everyone eats good on kolache and cinnamon roll night too.


No comments: