Sunday, January 26, 2014

SNOW DAY (minus the actual snow!)

Well it rained a little, then got cold, so the city of Houston shut down for a day.  The kids ended up having a three day week since MLK was on Monday and they had a snow day on Friday.  I guess it was technically an ice day, we did have a 30% chance of snow.  We've had several hurricane days before, but this was a first.  Jacob kept showing me the weather app on his itouch and just didn't understand why it showed a snowflake, yet we didn't get any snow.  My poor kids are dying for some snow...we'll have to take a ski trip in the next few years when I know they will remember it, and Annie is big enough.
 The trampoline was a hit with the thin layer of ice:
Gwyn and Jacob still going strong on their basketball season, I think we have three more weeks left...it is so fun watching with each game the girls finally start to "get it!"
 My cute little bike rider on my run/walk:
 How sweet is this little thing?  Sweet enough that she colored on my couch cushion with blue marker, got gum stuck in her hair and on the bottom of her dress (which I cannot get out), and spilled juice/milk/water at just about every meal this week...we still love her:
 Shooting some bball outside of school:
Gwyn has her 100th day of school coming up, where she has to decorate a t-shirt, the kids finished it up while they were out of school...it is going to ROCK:)
This one comes up with her own moves:

This one is getting geared up for her karaoke birthday party...she is pumped:


I got inspired, thought my Dad would like to see the before:
 And the after:

No comments: