Friday, February 13, 2009

What a week!


Well, if you haven't heard, I accidentally shut Gwyn's finger in the back door when we were going outside to play on Thursday afternoon. It was a very traumatic experience for everyone, but she is doing fine and will get her stitches out Tuesday morning. God was with us that day because I somehow made it from our house to the emergency room in Katy in about 17 minutes...both my dad and Brian had to yell at me to keep me calm while I was driving, but we made it there safely. They take you back pretty quickly when you run in with a bloody, screaming baby. Brian was calm and Gwyn actually wanted to sit with him the whole time, I think I was scaring her because I was a bit hysterical at times. We know now who can handle themselves in an emergency (not me). Jacob did really well for being at the ER for 5 hours not getting any dinner. They x-rayed her hand and there wasn't any damage to the bones, and they said little kids heal so fast. Her finger looks really good, it actually looks perfectly normal except for the 5 black stitches, so I'll send out a picture next week once she gets her bandage off and stitches removed. Please continue to pray that everything heals back perfectly.
The outcome of only 5 stitches for 5 days really does not do justice in telling just how bad it was. I keep replaying it over and over in my mind and I see it after it happened and I still get emotional about it multiple times / day, so also please pray for me to get some relief from this guilt.
On a happier note, here are a couple of pictures of Gwyn enjoying a friend chicken leg when we stopped at Emily's house in Dallas on our way up to Tulsa last week for her birthday. She loves her some fried chickin!

Jacob's valentines party was on Wednesday afternoon. He walked in the room and ran over to me, so excited. It was nice to get to go to his party. They had snacks, he made a valentine, and of course, had cupcakes, which Jacob dove right into. He also got a tatoo on his arm, which he was very proud of.

No comments: