Sunday, March 14, 2010

Jacob & Gwyn = Pete & Repeat

Meet Jacob and Gwyn. Bat Boy and Bat Girl. Cowboy and cowgirl. Doctor and nurse. Spiderman and spidergirl. Superman and supergirl. This brother-sister bond is growing stronger everyday, and we are enjoying watching them grow up and closer!

We've had again a busy couple of weeks (which is why I haven't posted in 2 weeks). Brian was out of town for work for a few days, followed by a men's retreat with our church (although he came home talking about rifle shooting, where he won 2nd in a contest, and he also brought home 2 potato guns, so I'm not sure the specifics of the retreat, but it seems like he had a good time!). My parents came down for awhile to help me with the kids. My dad was here for a full 10 days, and my mom was able to come for two weekends, but had to fly back to work during the week. The kids had a great time with their Nana and Papa, and I'm sure Nana and Papa had a great time, but I think we wore them out and gave Papa a cold! We also celebrated my 31st birthday, so I'm official "in" my 30's now. It was sweet having Jacob and Gwyn sing Happy Birthday to me, but they were more excited about cake than anything else! (they have that whole birthday party thing down, I'm surprised they didn't ask where their favors were!)

It was Western Day at Jacob's school, so of course Gwyn had to wear her hat when went to drop Jacob off last week.
My dad and I took the kids to the park. Here is trouble brewing over the collection of what they were calling blueberries, but we told them they were not blueberries (they were some type of bud from a fallen tree) so Gwyn wouldn't try to eat them, so then Gwyn brought this bottle filled with them over to me, she said, "Here are some not blueberries."

Outside playtime in the cul-de-sac included Nana pushing Gwyn on the trike:

Annie is loving to laugh!

A conclusion to my birthday celebration with a crawfish boil and bocce ball (Jacob is actually really good!):
My dad got on a bike pretty much everyday that he was here, and the first time he did it last week, he said it was the first time he had been on a bike in 30 years. He did pretty good, Jacob taught him how to ride again, and in the end Papa ended up teaching Jacob a few tricks!

Jacob was trying to keep up:
Little Annie didn't miss any of the fun. This is round 3 for the exersaucer and she really likes it, we take it outside everyday and she loves being outside in it. My mom was holding her and thought she might want to take a nap, so she moved from the playroom into Annie's room to rock her and Annie immediately started screaming. When mom brought her back into the playroom where Jacob and Gwyn were, she immediately stopped. She already wants to be part of their posse.

No comments: