Monday, April 26, 2010

They just grow up so fast!


Jacob had a field trip to Dewberry Farms last week with his preschool class.  I got to go with him, and it was fun to spend the day one on one with him.  They got to see lots of animals, ride pedal go-carts, have duck races, go on a hayride, and run around and play.  He had lots of fun!
Annie turned 6 months old last week.  I can't believe she is growing up so fast.  She is getting big, even starting to push back up on her knees, so she will be crawling before she is 7 months for sure.  She was 15 lbs 2 oz and 25 1/4" long, 25th percentile for both height and weight.  She is alot smaller than Jacob and Gwyn who were both 16 lbs at their 4 month appointments!  She also went through a big change this week...I finished nursing her and she is on formula!  She has done really well, and I'm excited at the prospect of her starting to sleep through the night hopefully in the upcoming weeks.


The kids like to help give her bottles:

The big news of the week is that the kids got some new shoes.  Jacob, who uses his shoes as brakes on any rid-on toy that we have, needed new crocs and new tennis shoes.  He had told Gwyn a few weeks ago, that they didn't have any skechers.  I said how do you know about skechers, and he said Austin at school had them and that they light up, and the girl ones are twinkle toes.  Well, I did get Gwyn twinkle toes and another pair of sandals (poor thing measure a size 8 1/2 and I had been squeezing her foot into a pair of size 7 tennis shoes!), and then I went and bought Jacob a new pair of crocs and a pair of tennis shoes (they aren't skechers), but when I brought them home, he said "I got skechers!" and was so excited about it.  He has since told everyone he has encountered about his skechers and Gwyn's twinkle toes...here they are:
Gwyn is obsessed with picking flowers...everyday she is picking them right and left, they make me sneeze, my allergies start acting up as soon as she gives them to me, but she is so proud of them!


Some other big news...Gwyn can ride the tricycle!  Jacob had been trying to help her on the bike, but she felt a little uneasy about being up so high, and then she went and hopped on the trike and took off!


Later this same day, Jacob was sitting in time out, outside and I guess he got bored and stuck a rock up his nose.  He got it stuck pretty good and was starting to freak out, but Brian made him close off his other nostril and blow out his nose real hard and it had quite a seal on it because it shot out of his nose really hard and landed about 5 ft away.  Hopefully, he learned his lesson and we won't be making ER trips for things he stuck up his nose.

Here are some pictures I took because the girls looked so cute in their new skirts that Sue sent.  Gwyn actually loves to wear headbands.

This was my best attempt (above) at getting a picture with all 3 kids.  Hopefully if I try this once / week for a year I will end up with one picture with them all 3 looking at me and smiling...the odds are still stacked against me!

Here are a couple of pics from a week or so ago of them playing in the pool with Carter, we ended up giving them the pool since we'll have a built in one at our new house!  We are excited!



Some funny things the kids said this week:
Gwyn to me:  "You married to Daddy, I married to Jacob"
Jacob to Annie:  "You look like a beautiful princess!"
Jacob to everyone he sees: "We got skechers!"
Jacob to everyone she sees: "I got twinkle toes!"
Jacob commenting on Gwyn eating: "She just shovels it right in!"
Jacob to Brian: "You need your shoes, if you go outside without your shoes on, your feet will get messed up like Mommys."
Jacob to Gwyn: "God made our whole family."

1 comment:

Erika said...

Love these pics....Gwyn looks SO much like you Phoebe...especially in the picture with their new skirt adn her hair is pulled back!! Dewberry farms looks like a blast!!!! Yay Annie!!!