Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We finally got some rain!

After months of hardly any rain, we finally got a pretty good rain shower this past week.  It started sprinkling right after Jacob got home from school, so we just decided to play outside in the rain a bit.  Gwyn was already on her third set of clothes that day, so I thought, why not break a record and create an entire load of laundry from her all in one day!  Annie was a bit hesitant at first, but Jacob and Gwyn showed her the proper puddle jumping techniques and soon she jumping with the best of them!  Gwyn really didn't want to get wet at all, Jacob had outgrown this rain jacket, and Gwyn had outgrown hers, so Jacob's was handed down to Gwyn, Gwyn's was handed down to Annie, and Jacob decided he was just fine going shirtless!
Jacob going in for a HUGE splash!
Annie getting used to the rain:
Gwyn getting her hair wet:
Annie looking like a little wet dog:
Jacob having fun:
Gwyn...officially soaked and ready for her 4th change of clothes for the day:
Here is a video of the action:

Rick was in for the three nights last week, and happened to pull up, just as I was leaving to take all three kids to the dentist, so he got to help out with a couple of kids in the waiting room while I went back with each of them (thanks Rick, I couldn't have asked for better timing on that one!!).  Gwyn went first, she did great and was super excited that the dentist had an Ariel toothbrush to match her Ariel t-shirt...the dentist thought it was just awful that she had never seen the Little Mermaid, I can't find it anywhere!
 Jacob is a pro at this whole dentist thing, and did throw Rick under the bus when he told the dentist that Rick had just given him some skittles on the way over to the dentist!
 I was a little nervous about Annie, since she fights me every night with brushing her teeth, but she did great!  She did what the dentist told her, she didn't cry, and she loved her Winnie the Pooh toothbrush...I thought, who are you, and what did you do with my little terrible-twos Annie Bannanie?!?!
We had a busy week, Jacob had a soccer game on Saturday which we almost missed, I got the times mixed up with next weeks game and I realized this about 30 minutes before the game started.  Brian had to rush around to take him by himself, and I ended up staying home with the girls.  Jacob's team won, he keeps score and lets everyone know that his team won.  Yep, he's THAT kid!  I also took Jacob in for his 5 yr checkup (yes, I'm a few months late!), and we got all 3 kids their flu shots.  Jacob and Gwyn did great, they both got the flu mist, but all went South about the time they stuck Annie in the leg for her flu shot...needless to say, they were glad to see us leave!  Jacob is 75th percentile for both height and weight...47lbs and 45" tall.  We decorated the house with Halloween decorations, we made spiders for the entry way, owls for various places around the house, and put up some outside lights.  The kids say our house is spooky, and ask everyone who comes in the door if they are scared by the spiders!  All three of them are really playing together well, Annie loves to do whatever Jacob and Gwyn are doing.  We were playing school the other day, I was the teacher and all three of them were in my class.  Gwyn kept telling on Annie for not sitting in her chair, or going out of turn when I would call on them.  I can just picture her doing this in her preschool class...can't wait for that conference!  Jacob has this book called Superhero's ABCs, and Jacob and Gwyn were playing that they were superheros in the book, Gwyn said she was Invisible Girl for I or Water Woman for W, it was pretty entertaining.  Jacob has now eaten in the cafeteria twice, both on pizza days, which I found out was from Papa John's.  He did like the pizza, but was disappointed because he wanted the apple slices and they gave him peaches and they put salad on his plate (gasp!!).  After looking through the menu, I really don't blame him for not choosing school lunch...here are a few options he has:  Chicken Hip Dipper, Fish Nuggets, Beef Taco Stick, Chicken Giggles.  I'm not making those up, I copied them down from the menu (do chicken's have hips??).  He is pretty funny, because he has bought into everything they are selling.  He and all his friends are trying to win pizza parties for collecting the most confetti eggs for the Fall Fest, collecting the most box tops (Jacob actually came home explaining to me what they were because there was one on his apple juice, and now he wants to scour the cabinets looking for box tops for that much coveted pizza party), filling out his reading lists, ordering wrapping paper, etc.  At one point he even told me, that he would be really sad if everyone else in his class got to go to the pizza party, but he couldn't if he didn't fill out his reading lists.  Seriously.

Gwyn likes to have fun and make Annie laugh while we wait in the carpool line for drop-off for her preschool.
 Annie loves her sister and brother, she really has a hard time without them.  Yesterday morning, Gwyn asked her if she wanted to go to school with her, to which Annie very excitedly said, "YES!"  Then Gwyn got out of the car.  Annie then had a meltdown, she was mad at me for not letting her go to school with Gwyn.  Thanks for that Gwyn!
 I went to start some laundry and then found this...Annie in between the couch and the end table having taken all the tissues out of the box:
Jason had a little get together where you had dinner and painted a canvas painting...Brian and I both painted Monet's Venice Twilight.  Unfortunately for me, Brian was pretty much the best of the 10 people who painted.  I asked Jacob and Gwyn to pick out which one they thought was the best, and Jacob said, "they're both the same?!?!"  Gwyn said she liked them both:)  Brian and I had so much fun doing that, it was pretty much the first date night we had gone on where we did something other than just go to dinner!  We plan to hang the paintings in our house and make everyone who enters vote on whose is the best, ha!
 We brought the kids home cupcakes...they were a hit:
 Gwyn likes the icing the best:
 We went to the Texans vs Steelers game on Sunday with Brian's company.  They hosted some of their clients, and it was my first NFL game.  I wanted Brian to take a picture with me, but I think he thought that wouldn't be "playing it cool" so I had to settle for just a picture of the field.  I will say the game was exciting, and we had upfront parking, great seats and gourmet food!  The best part was when the sundae cart came by and you got to make your own sundae...they gave us three football helmet bowls to keep and the kids thought those were the greatest thing ever and have been having afternoon snack in them just about everyday since then.
After a very busy weekend, and with the weather finally cooling off a bit, we decided to go for a family bike ride and found a great little park off the trail by our house.  Jacob made me a little nervous as fast as he was riding, but he had a great time and would yell out "WHOOO HOOOO!!"  We decided we would start making Sunday early evenings a family outing day to the park.  Brian pulled the girls in his bike with the trailer, and they were able to play on the playground at the park, and Jacob and I played soccer and football.  Here is Gwyn on her way down the slide:

 Annie thinking about it...
 Getting some courage with Daddy's help:
 Making it across!
 Success!!

Here is a video of Jacob riding on the trail...I was video taping while I was riding my bike, so please don't blame me when you want to throw up after you watch this:


I am seriously impressed with what Jacob is doing in school.  He comes home and makes these little books, I absolutely LOVE them!  I've thought about sending some to the grandparents, but I just don't want to give them away (I know, I'm selfish!):




 Here is one of Gwyn's pictures she said this is me when I was a little girl with my big brother Jason:
 We went to Gwyn's parent orientation at school, and they had drawn self-portraits.  Gwyn's was so AWESOME!  All the parents were so impressed, asking whose parents were Gwyn's.  I did admit that she had an older brother (and she is the oldest in the class), but I was super proud of this little picture that Gwyn drew of Gwyn:
 More of Gwyn's artwork, it is kind of funny that she can distinguish what Annie draws as "scribble scrabble" from what she does.  If you notice, she is making the letters in her name, just not in the correct order:
 Some of Jacob's math:
 N and P words of Jacob's:
 Another book of Jacob's...is he not the coolest kid ever!




Funny things the kids said this week:
Gwyn:  Mommy, you said yellow light means slow down, but you speed up on a yellow light.
Jacob:  Why didn't God put dinosaurs on the ark?
Gwyn to Jacob after soccer:  Jacob, you did a great job!
Jacob: Annie is the best high fiver in the whole world!
Gwyn to me after I got off the phone to Emily and I was laughing:  What is so funny?
Me:  Nothing, I was just talking to Grace's and Sadie's mommy.
Gwyn:  What was she doing?
Me:  Oh, she was taking Grace and Sadie to get their flu shots.
Gwyn (very serious):  Mommy, that is not funny. (so true, shots are a very serious thing when you are 3)
Me to Jacob:  Can you tell me the pledge of allegiance? (this was one of his homework assignments)
Jacob:  The regular one or the Texas one?
Me:  What???  3 minutes later on google, I found that yes, there is a Texas pledge of allegiance...here it is: "Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."  It's a little scary that I'm raising 3 Texans!

No comments: