Monday, April 16, 2012

Bike ride in the rain and Peppa Pig on the big screen!

 Is she not the cutest little bike rider you've ever seen?  She is wearing the helmet that Jacob grew out of when he was 3, he has a big head, hence the c-section!  Things have been going pretty well, we have just been pretty busy with baseball, which has sometimes been 4 nights/week between practices and games.  The bathroom is also really coming along, the cabinets are in, and the granite countertop/sink/faucet will be installed on Friday...brushing my teeth in the kitchen sink is not so fun, but we will only have been out our sink for a week, so that isn't too bad.  We have been swimming in the pool a few more times, and had some friends over to swim again last weekend.  We also planted some seeds and some plants out back.  The kids are watching each if theirs grow, and I guess I'm getting my own lesson that if you do consistently water plants they grow and don't die.  We'll see how long I keep that up!

We did get in a family bike ride, although we got caught out in the rain it was pretty fun and Gwyn chose to ride her bike (with extremely loud plastic training wheels) the entire way, so Annie was able to lounge by herself in the trailer:
 Here are a few videos of the bike ride:






It is so much fun to watch Jacob play baseball, the coach is mixing up the line up and what positions the kids play, Jacob batted 2nd in the line-up and got 3 hits, all to the left side of the field, and he played third base, first base and catcher.
All the kids think playing catcher is the coolest position because his coach calls it the Transformer suit, so they all want to get a turn dressed up in it:
We did take the kids to see Peppa Pig at the theater...the Studio Movie Grill offers kidtoons movies at the theater for $2 each on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and for some reason our kids LOVE Peppa Pig...Annie is so sweet and her little hair is growing out so much!  She found a paci in my purse while we were at the grocery store, and I took it out of her mouth (she hasn't had them at all for the past 2 weeks), but I broke her heart.  She was so upset, we were getting stared at by everyone!
Peppa on the Big Screen, coolest thing ever!
Everyone in awe...I think Brian may have been asleep, and I had my ear buds in listening to music!
I thought this was pretty funny, considering they snorted during the entire movie:


Funny things the kids said this week:

Me to Jacob:  Awesome job Jacob.
Jacob:  Thanks, but I'm kind of an expert.
Brian to Jacob when he kicked his soccer ball over the fence and thought he had lost it forever in the neighbors yard:  Do you really need to cry about that?
Annie:  Yes he did, he was sad.
Jacob (after I took him on a "date" to sonic just he and I):  This is the best day ever!  Well, maybe not the best day, I sure do have a lot of good days.
Me:  Do you know what was the three best days of my life?
Jacob:  No
Me:  When you were born, when Gwyn was born, and when Annie was born.
Jacob (all confused and looking like I'm crazy):  Those were the best days of your life???  When you got your belly split open???

No comments: