Tuesday, April 3, 2012

1st Swim of the Year!

We like to claim that we use our pool from March - October...so this year we had our first swim on March 31st!  It was a chilly 81 F, but the kids didn't mind at all and neither did Brian after working outside for awhile...I on the other hand took about 30 minutes to slowly emerge myself:)  The kids loved it and are now thinking that we will be swimming everyday...probably just on the weekends the next couple of weeks.  I was happy to see that Gwyn wasn't afraid and I think will pretty much pick up where she left off, she just learned to swim across the pool at the end of the summer, and our swim lessons won't start at the house until probably the end of May.



It is surprising Annie is as healthy as she is...considering this week I found her in her hiding spot (between the couch and one of our living room chairs) with Jacob's packs of gum and 11 empty wrappers!!!  That and she has eaten about 3 of Gwyn's tubes of Hello Kitty chap stick...a travesty!  I really do feed her, I think she just likes getting into things of Jacob's and Gwyn's that she knows she isn't supposed to have:)
Jacob got to bring Tah Tah home for a couple of days, each kid in his class gets to take him home, take pictures of him doing stuff with them and then write it in the journal and bring it back to class. Jacob was so excited that his name got drawn on the day he had a baseball game that night, so we (Me!) brought Tah Tah to the game and took some pictures.  Jacob got to take the book back to class and got to read what he did with him, he thought it was great!
 Tah Tah watching Jacob get a hit:
 Tah Tah eating chips and queso after the game at Los Tios with some friends:
 Tah Tah likes to play Star Wars:
 Jacob's finished part of the book:

Poor little Annie looked like a little wet dog, we sat in the rain for almost 2 hours for Jacob's baseball game until I moved to the car...
Gwyn loves to practice writing and drawing while Jacob does his homework...a little lefty (and Annie is left handed too!):
 These kids are getting predictable..Gwyn brought home Fancy Nancy from the library and Jacob brought home Gila Monsters and Spiders Spin Silk.  What is so funny that Annie is intensely interested in the books that Jacob brings home, she is enthralled and doesn't take her eyes off those type of books:
I was surprised to see how well Jacob could hula hoop, and I love his style!  Gwyn needs some practice!

I was so upset about this video!  We went to eat dinner and the kids run around and play in this big courtyard area afterwards, and I thought I got about 1.5 minutes of all the kids running around and dancing and then I ended up with just this snippet!


One funny thing is that Snow White shirt that Annie is wearing in the video above used to be Gwyn's FAVORITE shirt last year.  Well, when I cleaned out Gwyn's clothes a couple of weeks ago I moved all of Gwyn's old 3T clothes directly into Annie's closest (Hooray for being able to just move things that Gwyn grows out of so that Annie can immediately start wearing  them instead of keeping them in a separate closet until Annie grows into them!), anyway, as soon as Gwyn saw Annie wearing that she said, "Where did you get that shirt?!?!"  She was pretty upset about it, but I told her it was really a baby shirt now that she used to wear and that Annie wears:)  I can just imagine them sharing clothes as they get older, please help us, ha!!

Here are a few samples of Jacob's school work...I can't believe he's almost done with Kindergarten!

 Jacob has come home with several of these book reports...I asked him why he didn't like the story and he just looked at me and said, "it was about a butterfly mom, that's so girly!"  At least he's honest!
 Jacob likes to keep score when they play Memory, well, I should say he likes to go back and keep score after he's on the winning team:

No comments: