Sunday, November 18, 2012

Turtle Teacher for the Day!

We had purchased an auction item for Gwyn to be the Turtle class teacher for the day.  She was super excited about it, and she got to do it on Friday.  She just looked so cute that morning!  She wore her teacher's badge with a key around her neck.  She was at the front of the class in a chair, not the floor, she flashed the reading cards during circle time.  She was at the front of the line, even in front of the line leader.  They called her Miss Gwyn.  Wish I could have witnessed some of it, I just got a play by play from her, but you know she had such a proud smile on her face the entire day!

I tried to snap a picture of Annie that morning as well, this is what I got:
Really?
Seriously?
 Gwyn and Annie had their Thanksgiving program/brunch as well.  It is for Grandparents and special friends, and Jason and I went this year.  Annie was so stinking cute up there dressed up.  She did not participate at all.  Not. One. Bit.  It was still pretty cute watching her, and also her try to not smile when she saw me and Jason.
 Here is a video of what Annie did the entire time:


And here is Gwyn in the back row during the program.  She loves to sing and dance and loves these programs.  I wasn't in the best position to get her, but I love how she smiles when she sees us:


We are thankful for our Uncle Jason!
Me with my sweet girls!
We are gearing up for Thanksgiving and our 2nd annual Obstacle course in our easement.  Jacob has a couple of days of school this week and then we are looking forward to spending some family time with Nana and Papa...and I get to cook Thanksgiving in Jason's new kitchen...and it's kind of a given that whoevers house it is at, the owner of that house does all the dishes, whooo hooo!!  We had a busy week last week with ballet, cub scouts, 4 birthday parties this weekend, and Thanksgiving preparations, so we are looking forward to a long weekend, and of course some SHOPPING!!

Funny things the kids said this week:

Annie:  Watch me Mommy, I can dance like a boy!
Gwyn:  Who went to the first thanksgiving with Adam and Eve?  (I think you're a bit confused!)
Annie (who asks something about God everyday):  Why did God make my scooter pink?  Why did God make that yellow sign?  Why did God put that car there?

No comments: