Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Funny Kids

Well, the kids are getting really funny. Jacob is a constant ego boost to Brian, always telling him how tall he is, and how big his muscles are, and he thinks Brian can fix ANYTHING, including a popped balloon!


Jacob likes me to sing songs to him, so I'm always making up songs or singing him nursery rhymes or something, but Gwyn, anytime I start to sing she yells "STOP" or "NO!" It is pretty funny, and I know I'm probably getting paid back for being mean to my mom at times. Jacob went through about a 3 day phase where he just wanted clothes that had frogs on them, luckily we had a few different options, all of which got worn at least twice from John and Claudia for his birthday. He's still big into frogs, and Brian caught another one for him last weekend when he was mowing the yard and that was at least 30 minutes of entertainment, letting it go, catching it again, etc. Poor frog!
Gwyn loves pigs and horses. She carries a couple of pigs around everywhere she goes, and she is big into books right now, probably about 20 / day. When she "reads" she yells the names of the pictures or things she sees that she can say. I don't know how to get her to use a quiet voice, she just yells all the time!
Oh, and I was told a couple of times this week just how pregnant and big my belly is getting, Jacob told me the other day with big eyes that "it is getting bigger RIGHT NOW!" It was pretty funny, he also said it was time to get that new baby out. He's been helping me more with Gwyn and around the house, and he likes to change Gwyn's diapers (the wet ones), he's actually pretty good at it.
We've been going to watch Brian play volleyball at the church on Monday nights, and the kids get a real kick out of watching Daddy play. They yell "GO DADDY!" from the sidelines, it is pretty cute.

Here are a few pictures from a friend's birthday that Gwyn and I went to a couple of weeks ago:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phoebe,
I've been reading your blog for some time now and love it. I laughed hysterically at Jacob saying your belly was getting bigger 'right now'. I LOVE what 3 year olds say every day cause it's always so hilarious!
Brenda Elmore

Anonymous said...

Try whispering to Gwyn. It may work to get her to lower her voice. My friend suggested it to me and it sometimes works with Isaac to get an inside voice.

Tara