Friday, August 28, 2009

Jacob wants to buy a bus

We have had a great week. It started off last Sunday with a visit from Neely, who flew down from Tulsa to spend the day with us. The kids love her, we pretty much just hung out around the house and talked and then went out for dinner. It was nice to have her here, and next time she'll have to bring those girls with her!

Rick came down for a night, he was able to go with us to watch Brian in the playoffs for volleyball at his church. They didn't win, but he did really well and the kids like going to watch. Sue picked out the cutest outfit for Gwyn, so I'll have to get a picture of it and upload it because she is just precious in it! They also got Jacob some jeans, frog underwear, and a supercool shirt that says "my bike rocks!" It is long sleeve, but he's already worn it twice.
We have this Valentine's Day beanie baby, and Jacob asked me what it was for, and I told him that you are supposed to give it to someone you really love. They I told him that Mommy really loved him, and would give it to him, but I wanted to know who he would give it to. He said "Josh." Then I said, well, you should really give it to a girl and then I asked him who he would give it to thinking for sure he would say me, but he said "Grace."
This is a picture of a bus near the dry cleaners that had a for sale sign in it and Jacob REALLY wants Brian to buy it. I told him Brian has to think hard about buying something big like that and that he hadn't even seen it, so he told me to take a picture of it for him, so here it is:
We had breakfast at the park this week. Jacob mainly plays and doesn't eat anything, Gwyn mainly eats both hers and Jacob's and then goes to play, Jacob was showing off his new shoes, size 10 1/2! I think he grows a 1/2 a size each month!

Jacob also asked me the other day "Where is Jesus?" I said, "He's in your heart, and He's in mine too." He then asked, "Is He in Daddy's heart?" I said, "Yes." He says, "Is He in Gwynnie's heart?" I said, "Yes." It was pretty sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Brian doesn't buy Jacob that bus, all he has to do is ask Papa and G!
Brenda Elmore

Lindsee said...

Josh loves the Big Daddy's bbq van. He calls it the Scooby Doo car. Josh might be game for a bus purchase though. He's been saving his allowance so maybe if Jacob pitches in they can both buy it together. Then they could get a custom Scooby Doo paint job, custom spinner rims and a rockin stereo system in there.