Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jacob Graduates from Kindergarden & Our First Camping Trip!

He did it!  Jacob graduated from Kindergarten!  I still can't believe I've now got a 1st grader in the house.  He always seems so big outside of school, I guess because I'm comparing him to Gwyn and Annie and he is so much bigger, but at his graduation he just still looks like my little baby faced boy.  He's growing up fast!  It has been quite an exciting couple of weeks.  Brian was in Norway while I was on my own for three All-Star baseball games, Jacob's graduation, swim lessons, a hearing for an appeal for our taxes on the house (I won!), AND shopping and packing for our camping trip over Memorial Day weekend in North East Texas with my parents and Jason.  To say I'm exhausted is an understatement!  We are glad to have our Daddy back home.  This post will mainly be pictures because I'm a little low on time!  Jacob had fun at his graduation, they had a reception afterwards in his room and everyone got teary eyed, including his teacher...
We loved his teacher this year and we love RCE!
His little class:
Me and my graduate!

Here are a couple of videos of the graduation:




Jacob's All-Star team won their tournament, so they played three games in a week.  Jacob had fun, this is him and his friend Daylan:
The kids have been talking about the camping trip for awhile now...they loved it!  Here are Jacob and Gwyn hiking with Papa:
Here are Brian and Annie trailing behind...we learned Annie was not so good of a hiker and when asked if she like to go hiking, she will say simply, "No."  Another understatement...
Jacob was in heaven, staying up late, sleeping in a tent with his own flashlight, catching lightening bugs, swimming out to a pier and jumping off, kayaking with Daddy in the lake, hiking, and most importantly...EATING SMORES!
Treasure!!
Checking out the lake:
Gwyn and Nana:
Sweet little Annie:
Of course we could NOT pass up a playground:


Gwyn in Papa's hat:
I love this picture of them before we went out in the lake.  They were all smiles and ready for excitement.  This didn't last so long for Gwyn, who wanted to go back as soon as mom and I got her and Annie into the paddle boat!
Jacob loving this...he liked racing because they were beating us!
Thumbs up!
Sweet picture of Brian and Annie:
My little climber Gwyn!
I am blessed with these 4 loves of mine!
Ready to go swimming:
And the official toasted marshmallow contest has begun...
Jacob did not discriminate, he liked all marshmallows!
Here is a picture of Brian's toasted marshmallows, although as the official taste tester, I have to say that Jason pulled out the win in this one!!
Papa brought along some nerds for the kids, who Gwyn said was the second best thing about camping (next to sleeping in the tent).



The kids got to see and catch their first lightening bugs ever!!  I got caught three myself...I guess I've still got it!
Annie and Jason:
What a rough life!
It was a very fun week and weekend!

No comments: