Sunday, October 7, 2012

Our Weekend with Kipp the Guinea Pig

 The biggest news of the week is that we got to babysit a friend's guinea pig Kipp.  No, he wasn't named for Napoleon Dynamite's brother Kipp, he's just Kipp, but every time I say that name I picture this:

The kids LOVED Kipp, they would beg to hold him and loved to feed him carrots.  I got the lucky job of cleaning the cage, this is why we don't have pets!  I'm trying to talk some friends into having a pet co-op...we each get 1 week every other month, I'm sure I could round up 8 other families of whom are also depriving their kids of having the experience of having a pet without having any real responsibility!  This is a great idea!
 Gwyn was in love, she loved Kipp the most and he liked her the most too!




 Hours of entertainment...I'm sure this would wear off if we actually owned a pet, but babysitting a pet is a rarity, so they take advantage of it!
The week has been busy as usual, ballet, soccer practice, soccer game (the Cheetah's won!!! and Jacob scored a goal!  He and his little friend Tyler make a great time passing to each other and they both scored a goal after getting a pass from the other one!).  Brian was mystery reader in Jacob's class last week...first mystery reader ever to get a round of applause...seriously, he outdoes me every time.  He picked a book that Jacob loves "who would win, Komodo Dragon vs. King Cobra."  Brian was going to leave out the part where it says that sometimes the komodo dragon moms will eat their young, but Jacob interjected that Brian forgot that part...hope he didn't traumatize anyone!  Jacob has gotten 100% on all 3 of his first spelling tests, and he also got a 100% on his first states test...he had to locate 10 states on the US map, spell them correctly, AND tell their two letter postal code...I thought that was a bit much for 1st grade, but he did it!  My parents came into town to help Jason complete his move, and my Dad surprised Jacob and had lunch with him up at school.  Jacob was excited!  Brian was having a lot of one on one time with Jacob lately, so he came home and took the girls to lunch one day.  They picked the bagel store...they do love their Daddy!

Gwyn and Brian found a new fairy dress up game...I often finding Brian playing it after Gwyn has gone to bed...he says it is so that he gets a bunch of points for Gwyn to spend the next day, but I really think he likes it!
 Brian took Jacob to the batting cages, and I took the girls to a girly birthday party...the pinata was busted and Gwyn and Annie turned around and asked if they could get a piece...you know we weren't at a boy party, only girls would do that...Jacob would have dove in and filled his shirt with candy!
 Gwyn with her two animal loves (this week), they change frequently and are usually named after baby sisters of girls in her class:
 Annie had her first set of braids, they were so cute!
 Here is a video of Gwyn at ballet...too cute:


And this is what keeps Annie occupied while we wait on ballet...sticking stickers all over herself:
The kids have greatly improved their hula hoopin' skills:




The new favorite game of the kids...build homes out of Jenga blocks for Jacob's lego guys:
Funny things the kids said this week:

Me to Annie at bedtime:  Do you know how much Mommy loves you?
Annie:  Yes, 40.
Me:  Yep, I love you 40.
Me to Brian:  I think I'm going to do Gwyn's birthday party at AG.
Brian looks at me crazy:  Attorney General??
Me:  No, American Girl (get with it Brian!)

No comments: