Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkins!

 We love this time of year, and we especially like going to the pumpkin patch!  My little punkins are getting so big, I'm sure I'm going to have to start dragging Jacob there.  Annie is somewhat getting better at making a regular/normal smile for the camera...this has been a very LONG time coming!
 Sweet little Gwyn:
 I did make the mistake of telling Jacob that if he could carry it, then he could get it...of course he was going for the biggest possible one that he could lift!
 They could pass as twins!
 We had a very busy weekend, first hitting up Gwyn and Annie's preschool Fall Festival, where I turned around and this is what I saw...what happened to my sweet little Jacob!
 Sweet Gwyn had a beautiful flower on her face:
 Annie had a unicorn:
 I had taken the girls to the dentist, this picture was so funny, she laid there perfectly still for about 20 minutes while they cleaned her teeth....loved how her little legs looked in this picture, ha:
I had both Annie's and Jacob's conferences with their teachers this week.  We are doing Gwyn's in January since she's on track to start Kindergarten in the Fall, we did receive her progress report, and as usual, she's doing great!  Annie's teacher told me a funny story about how Annie basically had a meltdown one day and they turned her card from green to yellow.  When they did that, she basically lost it...completely.  She was so upset about having her card turned.  They said they would turn her card when she calmed down, she told them she was ready, and she has not once cried since.  It was like they had a breakthrough.  I told them that Gwyn reports daily on who in her class gets their card turned, and Annie always told me that her card didn't get turned.  I didn't even know she had cards in her class, I thought she was just saying that because that is what Gwyn would say about herself.  We figured out that is why the cards meant so much to her because she was being told by Gwyn who got in trouble in her class every day, ha!  Jacob's conference went great, he's doing really well.  He loves math and drawing, his writing and reading is on track and improving, he has really grown so much just since August.   She told a couple of funny stories about Jacob being so serious and animated when he talks, I love it!  She said she had a picture of a raccoon on the board, and he and his friend had this very serious conversation about how you never take a raccoon into a bank because of their fur around their eyes looks like a mask and they might think it is there to rob the bank??? WHAT???  They had half-days at school on Thursday and Friday, so on Thursday a big group of us met at the park for hours of fun...I think there was about 25 kids there, it was nuts, but the kids had a blast:)

I had to include this to document that the girls were drug to numerous soccer/basketball/baseball games, this one in the 45 degree morning after our much needed cold front hit Houston:
 Gwyn has really been wanting her haircut, she's got two little friends with short hair and she said she wanted it done, so we did it.  She dresses herself, non-matching striped green shirt, purple pants, blue socks and sparkly gold shoes!
 She is so stinking cute in this little haircut, I LOVE IT!
 Of course the pumpkin master brought his A game this year again...carving two pumpkins, here is the warm up:
 Here are the kiddos with Brian's masterpiece for this year, which he carved at a pumpkin carving party with some friends.
 Love my sweet Jacob and his little notes. He walked up and put this in my pocket.  It says, "I love you.  I love playing with you.  I want to kiss (cise) you and can I play with you.  You are awesome Mommy."  Love that sweet boy!
 I had to throw this picture in there to document what I'm up against in my house...I mean really, kudos for putting another roll of toilet paper on, but REALLY, I have to say to take the old one off...I should have left this on and seen what happened when the second roll ran out!
Funny things the kids said this week:
After reading a book to Jacob about if you catch a live giant squid it is worth millions of dollars...Jacob:  Mommy, we have to tell Henry to catch one and then we'd have a million dollars.
Me:  You mean, Henry would have a million dollars.
Jacob:  Well, yeah.
Gwyn telling Brian:  Go faster Daddy, we're beating up to them (about another car).
Jacob (who is big into non-fiction books these days):  Frogs, they eat worms you know.
Me:  They do?
Jacob:  Yes, they do.  I researched.
Gwyn:  I like all the colors in the world but black and brown and white.  Well, I do like white, so all but black and brown.
Me:  Well our hair and eyes are brown.
Gwyn:  Actually, I do like brown a little.

No comments: